Easy, Affordable Creations for Valentine's Day
Do you always see these pictures pop up on Pinterest that look amazing, but you need to buy a million things and then your popsicle stick frame suddenly costs a hundred dollars and you have a million popsicle sticks leftover? I've got you the solution! I used this craft kit to create a LOVE sign using your child's hand and foot print.
Wooden Pallet Hands and Feet LOVE Sign
Not everyone is an artist. All you need is this craft kit, to be able to write "L" & "E" and your child's hands and toes! Easy enough. Follow these steps to create the popular LOVE Sign on your own wooden pallet without dumpster diving for pieces of wood that will only give you splinters.
What You'll Need:
Baby fingers & toes
1. I like to visualize my space, so to do this, I will draw out 2 lines lightly with my pencil to divide the space into 4 quadrants with parallel and perpendicular lines. (I forgot to take a picture of this step and my next 2. Oops!)
2. Outline "L" in pencil in the top left quadrant.
3. Outline "E" in pencil in the bottom right quadrant.
4. Smear paint on your child's hand in whichever color paint you would like.
5. Place hand in top right quadrant. This will create your "O".
6. Clean hand- this will also give you a few minutes to let the hand print dry a tad before moving on.
7. Smear paint onto 1 foot.
8. Place foot print at an angle to form 1 side of a "V" in the bottom left quadrant.
9. Clean foot- this will, once again, allow some dry time before moving on.
10. Repeat Steps 7-9 with other foot to create the other side of the "V"
11. Paint your "L" & "E"
12. I outlined my "L" and "E" in a red to make them stand out better
13. I wanted to incorporate the year into this piece, so I wrote Piper's name on it like so...
13. Let dry and viola! A cute Valentine's Day memory that you can admire year after year.
I hope you enjoy this easy Valentine's Day Craft that you are sure to treasure forever!